No matter what type of flooring you have, there is no need to make the task a complicated one. Whether it is laminated or linoleum or wood or tile, all you need to know is the right technique and have the best tools to keep the floor spotlessly clean and sparkling new. No matter how careful you are, it is impossible to prevent the distribution of dirt and mess on the floors inside.
As different types of floors carry unique characteristics, they would, of course, need unique cleaning requirements. A floor made of hardwood will need different treatment as compared to a floor lined with vinyl floor tiles. Hence, before you go ahead and get down on your knees and start scrubbing, just make sure that you know how to clean a specific floor type.
Here are some essential floor cleaning tips that will leave them incredibly clean and keep you stress-free.
- Regular sweeping – Whatever kind of flooring you have, sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping will work for all types, as it is essential to keep the floor free of any dust and debris. Mop away any spills and stains right away.
- Place a mat – Always place a welcome mat near the entrance of the room as the mat works as a barrier against outside dirt and prevents it from entering inside. So, the doormat indeed does a wonderful task of keeping the indoor flooring safe and reduces any dirt from entering your home.
- Use safe products– It is vital to avoid the use of any harsh chemicals for cleaning and washing the floors. Always read the labels of the products and ensure that there are no dangerous chemicals in them.
- Placing rugs and carpets– It is always a good idea to place rugs and carpets in high-traffic areas to keep the floors safe and protected from dirt. However, one must vacuum the carpets at least once a week.
- Home-based products– It never hurts to use a solution made at home with vinegar, dish soap, and warm water. Many customers skip commercial cleaning products and prefer using home-based cleaning solutions for their floors.
- Exercise caution – It is essential to take some precautions when cleaning the stone and wood floors. Avoid using vinegar solutions on stone floors, and always dry mop the laminate floors. Even some home-based cleaning solutions can damage some floors.
- Extra efforts- for some floors like tiled ones, you will need to put extra effort into deeper cleaning. It is essential to get rid of all those stains and bacteria from the grout, and you may even have to steam those areas.
Go for a PH-balanced cleansing formula that is safe for all kinds of flooring and will keep the surfaces free of any dirt, including wood, vinyl, marble, and veneer. The bottom line is that you should choose the right products and equipment for cleaning floors and follow a regular routine to keep them free of any dirt and grime.